The heat of summer is upon us and it might be a good time for you to ride, so we wanted to remind you that new for 2019, all Value Cards offer savings on power carts.
So what does that mean for you?
Not only do you save between 28% and 39% on your green fee depending on the PGK card you choose and the time of day that you play…you also save $1 – $3 per cart seat every time you ride!
Summer is a great time to ride and stay cool!
Here are a few other tips that will help keep you and your game in tip-top shape when the summer heat hits:
1. Hydrate. Feeling thirsty is not the best indicator of your body’s water needs, because thirst occurs after your body is already dehydrated. Drink water before you tee off and carry a bottle with you to re-fill after nine holes or stop by the snack shack or clubhouse for some electrolytes. If you choose to ride, take extra water with you.
2. Dress Well. Wearing loose-fitting clothing made of a breathable, moisture wicking material will help you stay cool. There are many golf shirts made specifically for hot weather, some even have built in SPF protection.
3. Protect Yourself. Always wear a hat and sunglasses as well as sunscreen. Re-apply your sunscreen after nine holes (when you re-fill your water bottle) even if you think you do not need to.
4. Maintain Pace. We don’t just mean your pace of play. Nothing makes the heat worse than an on-course temper tantrum or suddenly speeding up. Keeping your body and your mind steady will keep you cooler, one shot at a time. A power cart will also help keep you cool and steady.
5. Invest in two gloves. Alternate gloves on each hole to keep them dry and take your glove off between shots to keep your hand cool.
6. Umbrellas are good for more than just rain. If you decide to walk take your golf umbrella with you and use it for shade. Parking your power cart in the shade around the green or at any other opportunity will also keep you and it cooler.
7. Know the signs of heat exhaustion. If you start to experience headaches, dizziness, blurred vision and nausea, stop playing, rest and hydrate.
Visit a PGK partner golf facility to get your 2019 PGK Value Card, or to re-load today!